I've worked as a freelance writer for three years. I hope one day to be a successful - and financially stable - published author. I am intensely interested in men and women who have already achieved that goal. I read Stephen King, James Patterson and J.K. Rowling with one thought in mind: what are they doing right?
Stephenie Meyer's Twilight is the latest incarnation of the surprise, runaway bestseller phenomenon (The Harry Potter Effect). The four-part Twilight Saga has sold over 85 million copies.
Let's go over the facts. What do we know?
- Twilight is a Romeo and Juliet style tale of star-crossed lovers
- One of the lovers is a vampire
- The story has met with critical praise
- It has also incurred harsh scorn
- Twilight fans on the whole, are ravenous devotees, most of whom have Team Jacob or Team Edward tattooed on their wrists
As part of this project I'm also maintaining a Twitter page. There you'll find updates about this blog and a general repository of Twilight news.
I hope you'll all join me in my month with Steph(enie Meyer). I know this trip will be better with company.
I'll say this from the beginning and without reservation: Robert Pattinson's hair is ridiculous. I'm sorry. I just have to be honest.